I have received a lot of requests for information regarding packet pick up. I am sorry we have been so slow to get this information out. Some general rules about packet pick up:
- We will only release a bib to an ID that matches the name that was registered.
- You may pick up a bib for a friend or family member but we will need to see their ID or a copy of their ID and the name needs to match the name on the bib.
- We are working hard to have an easy packet pick up process, but if we don’t get everything perfect please be patient. I can promise that we will take care of you.
You have three main options to pick up your bib. Here is some more detailed information about those options.
Option #1 Early Packet Pickup($10): Early packet pickup will happen on Thursday March 21 at the St. George Running Center in Washington, UT from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM. For those who cannot make it out to Springdale on Friday this may be your best option. The cost to pick up your bib on Thursday is $10 per bib. If you selected this option when you registered, your bib will indicate that you have already paid. Just show up with your ID and you will be good to go.
Anyone is welcome to come on Thursday to pick up their bib but be sure to bring your ID and $10 per bib you are picking up if you have not pre-paid. We will accept cash or credit cards.
Option #2 Race Expo – We encourage you to attend the race expo on Friday, March 22 and pick up your bib and goodies between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM. The race expo will be held at the Giant Screen Theater in Springdale. There is some parking on the theater property, but parts of the parking lot will be closed as we setup the finish line. You may need to park on either Lion Blvd in Springdale or on the side of the highway or you can park inside Zion and walk across the bridge to the expo.
The expo is going to great. We have the following vendors confirmed and a few others not yet confirmed:
- Massage Therapists – You can sign up for a post race massage and get a quick tune up. Bring cash.
- American Flyers Race Pacers – Our pacers rock! Get all the info you need about how these runners can help you succeed.
- Chums – One of our sponsors, chums will have merchandise for purchase to make sure you are ready for race day. Bonus, the company world headquarters used to be in Hurricane about 20 minutes from Zion!
- Ultraspire – This fantastic company in St George will have plenty of options available to help you stay hydrated.
- Jetflow – This amazing new company makes back packs that fit any water bottle. Perfect for hiking in Zion after the race.
- Zion National Park – A park ranger will be here to help answer questions as well as sell park passes into Zion.
- Race Pins – One of your fellow runners has designed a unique pendant to commemorate the Zion Half Marathon. She will be selling them at the race expo along with other generic running pendants and pins. They are beautiful.
- Vacation Races Merchandise – We have shirts, jackets, water bottles and posters for sale.
- and more…
Option #3 – Race Morning – We will have limited race morning packet pickup. If it can be avoided, please do not pick your packet up the morning of the race. You will only be able to get your bib and HydraPouch before the race. You will be able to get your race shirt after the race is over at our race merchandise booth. If you are picking up your bib on race morning, come early. We will be checking runners in starting at 5:30am at the starting line.