Having our races so close to the national parks, unnecessary waste and trash is something we are strongly against. We are dedicated to maintaining a clean race and preserving the beauty of the area we run in. There is nothing that will ruin a view more than seeing a piece a trash in plain view from a breathtaking landscape.
That being said, one of the most important things in a half marathon is ensuring that aid stations are plentiful, efficient and that they do not run out of water. Hydration will make or break a race.
We maintain a strict cup free policy for our races, but we want to make sure you have options. At registration we ask you to decide. Your options are:
1. Have us provide you with a Hydrapouch when you pickup your bib (FREE)
2. Have us ship you your Hydrapouch before the race so you can train with it ($5)
3. Purchase an UltraSpire Race handheld hydration bottle at a special discounted price of 50% OFF ($10)
4. Purchase an UltraSpire Pocket handheld hydration bottle at a special discounted price of 50% OFF ($15)
5. Bring your own system. It can be anything that works for you, so long as it does not produce trash.
Learn more by reading our full policy or by watching the video below.