If you're a fan of the great outdoors, Queenstown located on the South Island of New Zealand, is the perfect destination for you.
There are endless opportunities for outdoor activities in Queenstown, and it's no wonder why it's known as the adventure capital of the world. With its breathtaking landscapes, pristine lakes, and rugged mountains, there's something for everyone here making it the perfect final destination for our Global Adventures trip.
One of the best ways to experience the beauty of Queenstown is by exploring its many walking trails. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or just looking for a leisurely stroll, there are trails for every level of fitness and experience.
For those seeking a thrill, there's no shortage of adrenaline-pumping activities in Queenstown. Perhaps the most famous of these is the bungy jump. Queenstown is home to the world's first commercial bungy jump, and there are several operators in the area that offer jumps from various heights. An alternative heart-pumping activity includes parasailing.
But if you're looking for something a bit more laid-back, there are plenty of relaxing experiences to be had in Queenstown as well. Sample some of the region's famous wines on a vineyard tour, visit the beautiful Queenstown Gardens or soak up the history in Arrowstown.
No matter what your interests are, Queenstown is sure to impress, here are 6 fun things to do in this picturesque town:
- Wine Tasting: The Central Otago region, where Queenstown is located, is renowned for its Pinot Noir wines. Take a tour of one of the many local wineries and taste some of the delicious wines produced in the area.
- Hiking: Queenstown is surrounded by majestic mountains, making it a hiking paradise. From easy lakeside walks to challenging alpine treks, there are plenty of options to suit all skill levels. One popular hike is the Ben Lomond Track which offers panoramic views of the town and lake.
- Bungee Jumping: Queenstown is the birthplace of commercial bungee jumping, so it's only fitting that it's home to one of the most famous bungee sites in the world - the Kawarau Bridge Bungee. Experience the rush of jumping off a bridge into the Kawarau River below.
- Visit the Queenstown Gardens: Take a stroll through the picturesque Queenstown Gardens, which are located just a short walk from the town center. The gardens feature a beautiful lake, playgrounds, and plenty of picnic spots.
- Parasailing: Take in the stunning views of Queenstown and the surrounding mountains from a different perspective by going on a scenic flight parasailing. Glide high above the lake while being pulled behind a boat for an unforgettable experience
- Visit the historic Arrowtown: Take a trip to the nearby historic gold-mining village of Arrowtown. Walk through the charming streets and learn about the town's rich history.
These ideas are just the beginning for outdoor recreation in Queenstown and can easily be added to your itinerary if you plan to extend your trip.
Interested in more tailored suggestions? Our Global Adventures team is happy to help. Send us an email at email@example.com.